Here's a great treat for all the sidekicks on Thanksgiving Day!!
1/4 cup of dried cranberries
1 lb of ground turkey
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup of bread or cracker crumbs
1/3 cup of plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup of fresh chopped basil
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1 cup of cranberry sauce
1/4 cup of orange juice
1/4 apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Put dried cranberries in a measuring cup and fill to the 1 cup mark with water. Microwave on high for 1 min, drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine the turkey, egg, bread crumbs, yogurt, basil, thyme, and drained cranberries. Mix with your hands until all ingredients are mixed, but careful to not overmix.
4. Using a mellon baller, make 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 25 min.
6. While Turkey balls are baking, in a medium saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, orange juice, cider vinegar, sugar, and mustard.
7. Cook over medium heat 10-15 min, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
8. Add meatballs and simmer 5 min to coat well.
These don't have to be just for the sidekicks...they're for people too!! This will be a great kong stuffer as it freezes well. So on Turkey Day pull one of these kong stuffers out at dinner time, and everyone's enjoying a great meal together.